Public Energy’s Festival of New Dance & Performance by Peterborough-area artists March 26-29, 2015
Have you got an original performance work you’d like to debut?
Dance, Performance Art, Physical Theatre, Multi-Disciplinary Performance, you name it.
Please note that space is limited. Some submissions might not be accepted.
1. Submissions will be considered on the strength of concept, clarity of description, feasibility of the process and presentation, and ability of the creator(s) and performer(s) to carry out the project.
2. All submissions must be new work between 5 and 12 minutes in length. Please note that longer pieces are not viewed more favourably than shorter ones.
3. Work shown previously in workshop form or as a student production is allowed.
4. If the creator(s) of the piece is also performing in the piece, please identify someone else who will either direct, mentor or give feedback on the piece as it is developed. This is mandatory, if you do not know anyone who can do this, Public Energy may be able to assist you in finding someone appropriate.
5. The principal creator(s) of the work must reside in the Peterborough area.
All submissions must be typed, organized in the following manner and limited to two pages:
1. Contact info Name, mailing address, email address, telephone number of principal contact.
2. Name of work Tentative if necessary.
3. Projected length of the work.
4. Names of collaborators, if known, and other artists, including performers, musicians, and designers.
5. Artist’s statement which includes a little information about who you are, what you’ve done in the past, why this project is important to you and how it furthers your artistic work (half a page).
6. Project description that describes what you are planning to do. This might include: what artistic elements you use and how you will use them to make your work (i.e.: movement, music, video, skipping ropes, etc); what is the theme of the work; details of how you will put it together, including a rough schedule (i.e.: where you rehearse, and how often).
7. Mentor/outside eye In the case of work where the creator(s) is/are also performing, the name of someone who will either direct, mentor or give feedback on the work as it is developed.
8. Biography or résumé of the principle applicant(s). Attach if necessary.
Public Energy provides:
- A fee based on a split of box office proceeds. In the past this has been between $200 and $400.
- Venue with light and sound systems and running crew.
- Lighting design if needed.
- A complete performance substantially in keeping with the proposal.
- All performers and any running crew needed, apart from sound and light operator.
- Permission - and payment of royalties, if any - for use of other artist’s work, such as music and text.