Sept 19, 2015
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Del Crary Park
Click here to see a map
By donation, suggested $10 or PWYC (pay-what-you-can)
Ages 16 and up only, please.
Sunday, Sept 20 at 12PM: Powwow Boot Camp with Kaha:wi Dance Theatre with Nimkii Osawamick
Are you looking for an exciting and fresh way to energize your training routine? Powwow Boot Camp is here!
Join Public Energy and Kaha:wi Dance Theatre (KDT) Sunday, September 20 at 12:00 PM for this high-energy Powwow/dance training class. Led by KDT instructors Nimkii Osawamick and Jesse Dell in Peterborough's Del Crary Park, this is a fun and intensive boot-camp-style workout for people interested in maximizing their physical fitness.
KDT’s Powwow Boot Camp allows participants to learn or practice skills in Indigenous dance forms of Powwow and Onkehon:we (Iroquois) social dances. These dances are performed in combination with exciting and challenging cardiovascular/physical conditioning exercises, contemporary dance, as well as incorporating the Muscle and Bone system.
Focusing on body and spatial awareness through full-bodied movement sequences Powwow Boot Camp targets core strength in addition to muscularity of the legs. Move, dance, sweat, and energize your body-mind-spirit, while listening to fabulous music in a social and invigorating environment.
Powwow Boot Camp is designed for people ages 16 & up. Please wear workout clothing and make sure to bring plenty of water for hydration. Shoes are not required, but are perfectly welcome.
“Celebrate being alive and be prepared to sweat!”
Participants: Things to Bring
- BRING WATER – staying hydrated is very important for bodies in motion!
- BRING SNACKS – you might be very hungry after exerting so much energy, so replenishing your energy level with healthy snacks is important. No peanuts please!
- BRING COMFORTABLE CLOTHES – wear clothes that are easy to move around in! Loose, breathable fabrics are best; jeans or tight pants are not recommended. Remember, we'll be outdoors, so remember to check the weather ahead of time and dress appropriately!
- BRING FOOTWEAR – Although participants are welcome to go barefooted, feel free to also bring dance shoes or active/running shoes. Bulky shoes are not recommended.
- BRING SMILES & GOOD ATTITUDES – have fun
For more information, please call or email Public Energy during regular office hours at 705-745-1788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artistic Producer Bill Kimbal: email@example.com